Appellation America 2006 Press Release
December 28, 2006 12:23 PM Eastern Time
AppellationAmerica.com Enters 2007 as Leading Internet-Wine Portal
Exponential Increase in Size of North American Wine Information Portal & Wine Store Benefits Wine Lovers and Wine Industry
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The exponential growth of Appellation America in 2006 gave wine lovers and wine industry members a compelling and rich source for information about North America’s wines and wine regions unrivaled anywhere else on or off the Internet. At the beginning of 2007, Appellation America now presents more than 14,000 web-based pages of wine information.
In 2006 Appellation America:
* Developed a team of more than 25 Regional Correspondents across North America
* Produced 140 feature articles on a myriad of subjects
* Presented more than 560 Wine Recommendations
* Posted Satellite imagery for more than 3,600 wineries across North America
* Launched a new Wine Store now offering more than 400 wines from over 90 wineries representing more than 60 North American regions
* Provided a detailed information database of more than 180 grape variety descriptions
* Provided a detailed information database of more than 300 North American appellation descriptions
DEPTH AND BREADTH REFLECTS DIVERSITY OF AMERICA’S WINE REGIONS
“The depth and breadth of AppellationAmerica.com that was achieved in 2006 goes well beyond anything else available on the Internet,” said Appellation America Publisher Roger Dial. “While we are very proud of the editorial team we’ve assembled, our wine store that showcases the huge variety of North America’s wine regions and the staggering amount of information on our site, we realize that it is all a reflection of the enormous diversity of the North American wine scene, a diversity whose story is finally being told.”
Appellation America was founded in 2005 to explore the once ignored diversity of the entire North American wine industry, from California to Nova Scotia.
As consumers gain greater commercial access to wines from many regions, states and provinces there is a need for a central source of information about everything from Monterey Pinot Noir to Riesling from New York’s Finger Lakes District. Appellation America’s team of Regional Correspondents, database of information and quickly expanding wine store exists to fill that need.
Tom Wark, 707-933-9313
© Business Wire 2006