Atlantic Canada Restaurants with ASAP Sommeliers
- Armview Restaurant and Lounge - No real website yet, but this takes you to where you can learn something and see the menu.
- Bell Buoy - Baddeck, NS - New higher end restaurant in the sailing capital of the Bras D'Or
- Bish - Halifax - On Halifax's Waterfront in Bishops Landing
- Blomidon Inn - Wolfville - Wine Spectator award winning wine list maintained by ASAP member Mike Laceby
- Brewbakers - Fredericton - Award wnning wine list at this Fredericton Restaurant, employing ASAP members.
- Da Maurizio - Halifax - Fine Dining, Northern Italian Style. One of the best places to eat in the city.
- Delta Barrington Stone Street Café - Halifax - Another excellent hotel restaurant with a chef/sommelier.
- Digby Pines Resort - Digby - Fine dining - French Cuisine, with a talented chef/sommelier
- FID Inventive Cuisine - Halifax - Small, original, and inventive. For the culinary minded.
- Five Fishermen - Halifax - Famous seafood restaurant in downtown Halifax. Employes several ASAP members.
- Fleur de Sel - Lunenburg - Fine Dining in Lunenburg.
- Gabrieau's - Antigonish - Mark and Karen Gabrieau run this great little bistro in the university town of Antigonish. Both are ASAP members.
- Gio Restaurant - Prince George Hotel - Halifax Dining - Fine dining excellence in Halifax's downtown. In The Prince George Hotel, but with a separate identity, and entrance.
- Grannan's Hospitality Group - Saint John - A series of restaurants and pubs in Saint John with varying styles.
- Happinez Wine Bar, Saint John - Wonderful little wine bar with approximately 25 wines by the glass, downstairs from a nice Thai restaurant in downtown Saint John.
- janes on the common - Halifax - A small unpretentious bistro in Halifax, right on the Common. Good food, inexpensive wines by the glass.
- John Stanfield Inn - Truro - Fine Dining in Truro, NS
- Lane's Privateer Inn - Liverpool, NS - ASAP member Susan Lane is the third generation operator of this fine old inn on the south shore.
- Le Caveau - Grand Pré, Nova Scotia - Beautiful Restaurant at Domaine de Grand Pré Winery
- Little Fish - Halifax - Casual dining - Seafood, downstairs from Five Fishermen
- Little Louis' Oyster Bar - Moncton - One of those places you can't believe exists until you walk in. Great seafood in Moncton, great wine list.
- Maison Tait (The Tait House) Shediac, NB - Fine dining and beautiful historic inn. The chef is a member of CAPS/ASAP
- Mezza Restaurant, Halifax - Lebanese Cuisine, with some fine wines.
- Morris East - Halifax - Chic Pizza Joint - wood fired oven.
- Mosaic Social Dining Lounge - Halifax - Tapas Bar with very good by the glass list.
- Off Broadway, and The Murphys Group of Restaurants - Charlottetown, PEI - Fine Dining in a cosy setting, plus a group of different restaurants in Charlottetown PEI, including a brew pub.
- Opera Bistro, Saint John - New upscale Bistro in Saint John, as featured on "opening Soon" on the Food Network.
- Park Place Hotel - Ramada Plaza, Burnside - Not just another hotel in an industrial park.
- Rouge Restoclub - Moncton - Hip restobar in downtown Moncton
- Saege Bistro - Halifax - Modern bistro in Halifax, next to the Public Gardens. One of the more interesting and varied wine lists in Atlantic Canada. In Ann Hardy's "Where to Eat in Canada". Two ASAP members on staff.
- Seven Wine Bar and Restaurant - Halifax - The most comprehensive wine list in Halifax, fine dining, or late night clubbing.
- Sims Corner Steakhouse and Oyster Bar - Charlottetown - New steakhouse from the Murphy's Group
- Trattoria Della Nonna - Lunenburg - High quality Italian Cuisine, in Lunenburg
- Vivaldi's - Saint John/Rothesay - Italian and Lebanese Restaurant just outside of Saint John
- White Point Beach Lodge - Old style Lodge and Cabins on the ocean near Liverpool.
Blogs, small sites, neat wine sites
- Nat Decants FREE Newsletter - Nat Decants FREE Newsletter: Wine picks, articles and humor from Natalie MacLean, recently named the World's Best Drink Writer at the World Food Media Awards in Australia. There are no ads and all e-mail addresses are kept confidential. To sign up, visit www.nataliemaclean.com.
- Drinx - Aliant.net Wine/Food Column - Craig Pinhey, ASAP Member and Instructor, write on Atlantic Canada Wine and Food issues in this on line column.
- oenoLogic - Maintained by Thor Iverson, one of the more acerbic wine writers in the US. If you want to know about Alsace, he is your guy. Some wonderful writing on ethics.
- Robin Garr's Winelover's Page - One of the best on the web. A great forum too.
- The Compleat Winegeek - The best tasting notes, often embedded in a story of confusion, debauchery, and overall hatred for modern "Parkerized" wine.
- The Frugal Oenophile - A nice site, with several interesting and useful downloads available. Source of the wine/cheese matching chart available for download form this site with the forms/tasting sheets.
- Tony Aspler - The Wine Guy - Probably Canada's foremost wine writer.
Food and Wine
Fun and Games
International Wine Sites
Local Wineries and Breweries
Other Sommelier Associations
Wine Related Businesses